Marimekko opens flagship in NYC
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/6/2011 2:26:13 PM
New York - Marimekko's first flagship store in the U.S. officially grand opens tomorrow in the Flatiron district here after a soft opening last weekend.
"We see the values of the American consumer are changing," president and ceo Mika Ihamuotila told HTT during a store preview party last night. "American want to get out of the dark, heavy, mahogany. Americans are appreciating brands that have value."
The store, located at Fifth Avenue and Broadway, features an expansive assortment of Marimekko fabrics, with an onsite sewer on hand to whip them into table clothes, window treatments or other constructions consumers may order.
The store also offers bedding (adult and juvenile), bath, tabletop, women and kids apparel, and accessories such as tote bags and umbrellas.
The company launched its online store during the summer and has already opened Marimekko in-store boutiques in six Crate and Barrel stores, with 17 more planned.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...