Capel, HGTV designer Genevieve Gorder align for new collections
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/30/2011 1:43:56 PM
Troy, N.C. - Capel Rugs has licensed with HGTV interior designer star Genevieve Gorder to create a line of soulful-yet-whimsical rugs set to debut at the High Point Market in October.
The line will span four collections of flat-woven styles that marry Gorder's own design aesthetic with Capel's manufacturing expertise. It will encompass a range of classic themes and global inspirations, including indigenous patterns, Moroccan tilework, and ancestral heirloom themes.
"Genevieve finds beauty and inspiration in everyday life and reinterprets those components to create one-of-a-kind designs that are hip and playful," said Tami Watras, vp - product and creative director, Capel. "We are extremely excited about our new partnership and the unique decorating opportunities that it offers consumers."
The new Genevieve Gorder line is an extension of Capel's New Style Point of View concept which was launched in the fall of 2010.
In addition to her work on television shows like HGTV's "Dear Genevieve" and "Design Star," Gorder was one of the original designers on TLC's hit TV series, "Trading Spaces."
"Creating a special room, or a special product, comes down to finding out what it is that really gives you joy," said Gorder about her approach to design. "Design is emotional, personal and so sensual. For all the homes I can't visit, I am now so proud to offer a tangible piece of my imagination"
"Well-executed design can have such a positive impact on the way people live, on their relationships and moods," she added. "Joining with Capel is an absolute honor. To work with a brand of enormous integrity and history is a design inspiration in itself".
During the High Point Market, Capel will kick off the launch of its new Genevieve Gorder rug line with a cocktail reception for retailers and the media from 4 to 6 p.m. Oct. 23 at the company's showroom at Market Square in space 112.
We would love your feedback!
- Sep 17, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...