Lenzing Completes Expansion
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/21/2011 7:55:45 AM
HEILIGENKREUZ, AUSTRIA - The Lenzing Group, a cellulose fiber manufacturer, has completed the three-year expansion of its Tencel production facility here, increasing capacity from 25,000 to 60,000 tons.
The Tencel fibers produced in Heiligenkreuz are third generation - manufactured from pulp that is derived from the sustainable raw material wood. In the production process, cellulose is physically converted into a solution by means of a special chemical. Subsequently the fibers are spun, dried and pressed into bales for shipment.
"The Heiligenkreuz plant is an indispensable part of the Lenzing Group today," said board member Friedrich Weninger, the manager who is responsible for Lenzing's global fiber business.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...