Chortex to Debut African-Made Towels
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/21/2011 7:36:20 AM
NEW YORK - Chortex USA is launching a new towel line - made in Kenya using long-staple cotton from eastern Africa - for the U.S. market.
"This towel range complements perfectly the traditional Chortex towel lines made in Turkey," according to Chortex sales director Onur Uyanik.
The towels are produced in a new factory outside the Kenyan capital of Nairobi that is completely vertical and uses modern European machinery. The plant is environmentally friendly with a zero carbon footprint, according to the company. The facility uses collected rain water, and its own water purification and recycling plant further contribute to a pro-environment process.
In addition to towels constructed from African long-staple cotton from Mozambique, Tanzania and Uganda, the mill uses long-staple Egyptian cotton as well. Exports from the region are duty-free.
"Chortex has been highly successful in selling the Kenya towels to retailers in the UK and is now able to offer them to the U.S. market at very competitive prices," Uyanik said.
The Made in Kenya towel line will be shown in eight to 10 colorways during the New York Home Fashion Market Week at the 295 Fifth Ave. Textile Building, Suite 104 (HTT Global Home Show).
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...