Design Weave USA, Breyner partner for anti-bed bug formula
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/18/2011 3:13:02 PM
At the New York Market - High-end solution bedding manufacturing company Design Weave USA has aligned forces with French bio-active textile treatment firm Breyner Inc. to produce and sell new bedding products featuring an EPA-exempt anti-bed bug formula.
This new anti-bed bug formula, dubbed Greenfirst, is now EPA exempt and made with essential oils but sans the use of permethrin, pyrethroids or other harmful ingredients.
Design Weave is set to launch the collection this week during the New York Home Fashions market at its 230 Fifth Avenue showroom. Anne Sastre, Breyner's business manager, will be available to answer questions and provide assistance.
Design Weave noted that "unlike ‘barriers' currently on the market that focus solely on special zipper or other closure methods, testing results for Greenfirst-treated products have proven that 100% of bed bugs are actually killed within 48 hours."
"Our new Greenfirst-treated bedding addresses the continuing, bothersome bed bug issue in a safe and effective manner," said Judy Vella, vp of product development and branding, Design Weave. "We have been working together with Breyner for two years on this project and are excited to finally be sharing it with our customers."
Added Steve Hoffman, the company's vp of new business development: "We'll be offering a wide range of bedding items and have the exclusive on several key items, such as mattress and box spring encasements, mattress pads, pillow protectors and travel accessories. With a variety of thread counts and fabrications, we'll be able to work with any level of retailer."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...