Veratex brings Pamela Anderson into home
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/14/2011 3:08:14 PM
Van Nuys, Calif. - Actress/animal rights activist/pop icon Pamela Anderson is making her first foray into home furnishings with Veratex, which plans a soft launch of the first wave of product for Valentine's Day 2012.
The brand, Pamela Anderson's Malibu Beach Collection, will debut with satin sheets in a palette of beach colors. By fall, the brand will expand into fashion bedding, bath and beach.
"What makes this license unique to Veratex is that Pamela is very talented and is working in a hands-on way with Veratex," said Avi Cohen, Veratex president.
Cut and sew production of the sheet collection will take place in California at Veratex's plant using imported fabric, and the product will carry the Made in the USA label.
"Pamela very much believes in manufacturing in the U.S.," said Cohen.
The license was signed directly with Anderson; no third-party licensing agency was involved. The product development liaison between Pamela Anderson and Veratex is Brendan McBreen, formerly Creative Director of Shabby Chic, who recently helped her finish her house in Malibu.
"I'm very impressed by her design sensibility. A lot of people wouldn't know that about her," said McBreen, who described her style as "sophistication but approachable, with a casualness to it."
Anderson will announce the retailer(s) that will launch the line during television appearances on talk shows and will promote the brand on talk shows going forward.
"This is something I've always wanted to do," said Anderson. "Bedding, linens, home textiles, bath and beach are a passion. I can't wait to get behind the line and start promoting it world-wide."
Veratex will not be showing the line during this week's New York Home Fashions Market, said Cohen. Private previews will begin afterward.
"I believe Pamela Anderson's Malibu Beach Collection will be a great success because of Pamela's personal commitment and her ability to promote her own brand," he said. "This added publicity and promoting will be key to the success of this line for our retailing partners."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...