Bob Hamilton, 67
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/12/2011 6:48:19 AM
CORNELIUS, N.C. - Bob Hamilton, the longtime Fieldcrest Cannon marketing executive whose colorful and splendiferous story-telling and showmanship was matched only by his equally Technicolor wardrobe, passed away earlier this month following a long battle with cancer. He was 67.
Hamilton more recently was a senior marketing vp with Welspun and, as he did at Fieldcrest, he helped to establish a unified product image for the rapidly expanding company.
But it was at Fieldcrest where Hamilton - almost always attired in a country club gentleman look that tended toward navy blazers, pastel ties and matching socks - made his mark, mostly as the keeper of the Royal Velvet legacy. His product and marketing presentations were legendary for their eloquence as well as their panache, and Hamilton excelled at each.
His ties to Royal Velvet outlived Fieldcrest Cannon itself: When the company went out of business and its Kannapolis, N.C. offices were being cleaned out, Hamilton rescued generations of RV sales and marketing materials and became the living repository for the history of one of the industry's greatest brands.
His struggle with his illness, which first appeared on an overseas business trip in 2009, were chronicled in an online blog where Hamilton continued to wax poetic - a phrase that while sometimes sounding archaic fit him perfectly.
Indeed, in the last entry in the blog, posted announcing his passing, his family continued both the tone and spirit of Hamilton's language: "Our most gracious, tailored, gentle-hearted, profound, articulate, storyteller of a husband and father, the truest of gentlemen, is finally at peace."
Hamilton is survived by his wife, Diane, children and grandchildren, although all family members could not be immediately named.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...