Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony collections for Kohl's still on track for September launch
Susan Dickenson -- Home Textiles Today, 7/19/2011 11:23:56 AM
Menomonee Falls, Wis.---Kohl's Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony collections are still scheduled for a September launch, despite a joint statement Friday announcing the couple's "very difficult decision" to end their seven-year marriage.
The retailer is also continuing with its "Best Friends Getaway" contest, announced last week, which will award all-expense paid trips to New York City to the creators of videos that do the best job of showing why they love J.Lo and/or Anthony.
The Jennifer Lopez Collection will debut with a home offering of bedding and towels in addition to apparel and accessories.
Rick Darling, president of LF USA, which is sublicensing the brands to Kohl's exclusively, told WWD, "We have two separate agreements with Jennifer and Marc and always intended to have separate lines. [Their split] doesn't impact the agreements in any way."
Much of the merchandise for the collections has already been designed, manufactured and is "on the cusp of being delivered to the stores," according to Wall Street Journal writer Karen Talley. "The broad range of merchandise by Ms. Lopez for women, and Mr. Anthony's items for men, was called Kohl's biggest ever by Chief Executive Kevin Mansell earlier this year," Talley wrote.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...