Crown Crafts agreement with stakeholder ends proxy battle
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/15/2011 2:47:45 PM
Gonzales, La. - After several years of fighting over its board's makeup, Crown Crafts has struck a deal with Wynnefield Partners Small Cap Value, its largest stockholder, to include its preferred candidate on the slate of directors to be voted on at the manufacturer's annual meeting Aug. 9.
In return, Wynnefield has agreed to drop its proxy proposal for her election.
Patricia Stensrud founder Hudson River Partners in 2003 and has since served as an advisor to equity firms and investment banks on matters related to fashion and accessories companies. In 2005, she was president of the women's sportswear division at Tommy Hilfiger USA.
She we be nominated along with Donald Ratajczak, who has served on Crown Craft's board since 2001.
Nelson Obus, Wynnefield's president, said Stensrud "will bring fresh thinking and new ideas to the board."
Wynnefield owns a 16.4% stake in Crown Crafts.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...