Scott Silver Named evp, Merchandising, at Sears Canada
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/15/2011 7:27:35 AM
TORONTO - Sears Canada has continued shaking up its senior executive team, naming Scott Silver executive vice president of merchandising in charge of home and hardlines. The announcement came days after Calvin McDonald was named president and ceo following the departure of Dene Rogers.
In his new post, Silver will be responsible for the style and trend direction as well as the overall merchandising activities of the multi-channel retailer's furniture, mattress, major appliance, home electronics, housewares, home décor, bed and bath, fitness, hardware, lawn and garden equipment and seasonal businesses.
Most recently, Silver was ceo of Silver Lining Holdings, a New York City-based consulting and business development enterprise serving home products retailers and manufacturers in the United States.
From 2000 to 2008, Silver was a senior executive with Linen ‘n Things. His last post was executive vice president and chief merchandising officer. Prior to Linens ‘n Things, Silver held a series of senior merchandising positions at Le Gourmet Chef, Bloomingdale's and B. Altman & Co. He began his retail career at Macy's, where he was hired in the management development program after graduating from The State University of New York (Buffalo).
"Scott is an experienced and successful retail executive who can provide leadership to improve our offerings to customers, our relationships with vendors and learning opportunities for our associates." McDonald said in a statement. "
In addition to McDonald, two other senior executive appointments have been made by Sears Canada in recent months. In May, Thomas Fitzgerald was named executive vp and chief administrative offi cer. Last December, Sharon R. Driscoll was named senior vice president and chief financial offi cer, succeeding Allen R. Ravas.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...