Surtex Honors Designers
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/7/2011 7:47:12 AM
NEW YORK - During the recent Surtex show for surface design here, show organizer GLM honored longtime participants and named new members to its advisory council.
Elizabeth Bournaud , designer at Francois Bournaud Designs, and David Hedley, partner with Andrew Bell in Artwork Design Ltd. in the United Kingdom, were lauded for participating in Surtex since the show launched 25 years ago.
Four exhibitors from the United Kingdom were also honored as trailblazers and "behind-the- scenes influencers on surface design in America:" Colwill & Waud, a studio led by designers Maggi Waud and Nick Colwill; Banafshe Schippel Design Ltd., a studio led by Susan Schippel and Simin Banafshe; Diane Harrison Designs Ltd., a studio led by designer Diane Harrison, and Linda Bruce Designs, a studio led by Linda Bruce.
The Savannah College of Art & Design was also saluted as Surtex's long-time educational partner. A portion of the proceeds from the Design Forum held during Surtex 2011 will be donated to the school, recognizing its fiber department, part of the School of Design, for turning out more winning students in the on-going Surtex Student Design Competition (now known as designext) than any other single school in the world.
New members of the Advisory Council include exhibitors and attendees: Sam Abell, president of Courtney Davis, Inc.; Steve Greenberg, president of Pointcarre North America; Michelle Klein, owner of Klein Designs Ltd., United Kingdom; Henny Lakin, vp/design at Creative Bath Products, Inc.; Ashley Morgan, vp of Linda McDonald, Inc.; Tara Reed, owner of Tara Reed Designs, Inc., and Chris Verbeek, an owner at Verbeek & van den Broek, The Netherlands.
They will join council members who have served in recent years: Suzanne Cruise of Suzanne Cruise Creative Services, Inc; Viv Eisner, VIV Inc.; Nancy Fire, Design Works International; Helga Goldman, Goldman Design & Marketing; United Kingdom; David Hedley, Artwork Design Ltd., United Kingdom; Susan January, Leanin' Tree, and Andy Sylvia of Cranston.
The show drew nearly 6,000 attendees with the number of exhibitors up 23%.
The next edition of SURTEX will take place May 20-22, 2012, at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City, with an anticipated 325 exhibitors and 6,000 attendees.
For more information, contact Penny Sikalis at 914-421- 3297, penny_sikalis@glmshows. com, or visit www.surtex.com.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...