Shanghai textiles fair to feature themed exhibits on trends
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/6/2011 3:08:26 PM
Shangahi, China - This year's Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles fair, set for Aug. 29-31, will once again feature an interiors trend zone showing up-and-coming trends for home fabrics.
Nelly Rodi and Sachiko Inoue, interior and apparel design experts from Paris and Tokyo, are creating this year's trend zone. They will interpret the 2012-2013 trends by displaying a series of natural and synthetic home fabrics and products together with a mix of bright and neutral colors at the trends zone in Hall W1 of the Shanghai New International Expo Centre.
The four themes include:
- Make it happy - Poetic and natural. A modern romantic trend peppered with touches of offbeat fantasy. The style of the home is not too serious, but respecting nature, with a provincial and slightly vintage charm.
- Raw forces - Purity and authenticity. The look is natural, rustic chic. Total investment in the natural and the authentic, resulting in a raw elegance that is both innovative and modern.
- Color therapy - The use of bright primary colors as a therapy. Simplicity and functionality promote an atmosphere of design. Blocks of color are mixed with pale wood and pure white to recreate the purity of childhood.
- Love greens - The look reflects ethical, sustainable development. Every aspect of the home is pampered, cherished and fussed over. Everything is staged to reflect an urban lifestyle.
Additionally, seminars about home décor and textiles trends will be led by four international trend forecasters including:
- Chris Sanderson, strategy and insight director for The Future Laboratory from the United Kingdom and a member of Heimtextil Trendtable, who will speak on Heimtextil trends for 2011-2012.
- Gobetti Davide, textile fabric design director for Concept Style Fashion Project Group in Italy, will give a presentation on the textile design process from idea to product.
- Rodi, founder and creative director for NellyRodiTM Agency in France, will present decors and atmosphere trends for 2012-2013.
- Inoue, textile planner and trend director for I.S. Planning in Japan, will present the Lovely Reform Plan.
Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles 2011 is organized by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd., the Sub-Council of Textile Industry and the China Home Textile Assn. Information on the event is available by emailing email@example.com.
We would love your feedback!
- Jul 31, 2012
- May 21, 2012
- Mar 14, 2012