CSN Stores Named 2nd Largest Online Retailer for Home
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/9/2011 1:58:12 AM
BOSTON - Internet Retailer's 2011 Top 500 list of the largest retail websites ranked CSN Stores as the second-largest online retailer of housewares and home furnishings, exceeding $380 million in 2010 sales.
The ranking places CSN, which sells more than three million items from over 5,000 brands - including home textiles - ahead of Crate & Barrel for the first time.
Compared to all online retail sites, CSN is ranked No. 51 out of the Top 500 and holds the No. 10 spot for retailers operating solely on the web.
"We're delighted with this year's rankings," said Niraj Shah, CSN Stores' ceo and co-founder. "We chose to invest heavily in our expansion a few years ago, despite the recession. And those investments have really paid off for us. We've also hired a very talented group of 750 people globally."
CSN's first-quarter performance in 2011 is up by more than 56%. The company hired 250 people last year and has added 100 staffers so far in 2011. Earlier this month, CSN opened a second operations and distribution center, in Ogden, Utah.
The privately-held company's websites include AllModern. com, Luggage.com, Cookware. com and BedroomFurniture. com. CSN recently launched its fi rst fl ash sale site, Joss & Main, which offers 72-hour sales of luxury goods for the home at up to 70% off.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...