Belk Profit up 31%
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/9/2011 12:27:12 AM
Regional department store Belk Inc.'s net income grew 31.3% during the first quarter to $31.9 million.
Sales rose 5.6% to $848.6 million, with comps up 5.7%. Top performing categories were shoes, children's and home, the company reported. Sales growth from ecommerce was "significant."
"As we approach fall, we remain cautious and continue to monitor the consumer impacts of higher apparel prices, especially when combined with higher prices for food and gasoline," said Tim Belk, chairman and ceo.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...