Ikea expands solar panels
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/25/2011 3:07:07 PM
Conshohocken, Pa. - Continuing its greener push, Ikea plans to install solar PV systems on six additional locations in the Eastern U.S.
Panels will be installed at Ikea's Baltimore and College Park, Md.-based stores as well as atop the Cincinnati-area store in West Chester, Ohio. The two Philadelphia-area Ikea stores - one here and the other in Philadelphia - also will receive solar panels as will the Ikea North America service office here.
Ikea already has solar energy systems in: Brooklyn, N.Y.; Burbank, Calif.; Pittsburgh, Pa.; Tejon, Calif. (distribution center) and Tempe, Ariz.; solar water heating systems in Charlotte, N.C.; Draper, Utah; Orlando, Fla.; and Tampa, Fla.
Other solar energy systems currently being installed include six locations in California and two on the East coast. In addition, both a solar energy system and a geothermal system have been incorporated into the Denver-area store opening this year in Centennial, Co.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...