Hollander Launches First Down Bedding Certified by Asthma & Allergy Foundation
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/24/2011 7:10:44 AM
BOCA RATON, FLA. - Hollander Home Fashions has produced the first line of down bedding certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) as asthma and allergy friendly.
Previously, the AAFA had only awarded the certification to synthetic or silk-filled bedding that met its standards.
"Now, with this new certification from AAFA for our natural products, it gives the consumers a much broader range of natural or synthetic products to choose from," said Beth Mack, Hollander's chief merchandising officer.
The collection includes comforters, pillows and blankets. Hollander also makes a synthetic line that has the AAFA's certification. All certified asthma and allergy friendly bedding is constructed with allergen barrier fabric and is made to withstand the recommended wash and dry frequency included with each product.
"Our testing finally provides a way to determine the level of allergenic proteins in feather and down products," according to Mike Tringale, vp at AAFFA, "which is a major advancement for the bedding industry, and a benefit to our patients and families."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...