Bon-Ton Stores' loss widens
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/19/2011 3:13:44 PM
York, Pa. - Bon-Ton's first quarter net loss expanded as it gross margin shrank during the first quarter.
Net loss for the period ended April 30 was $35.99 million, or $2.01 per share, compared to a net loss of $25.4 million, or $1.33 per share in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin fell to 35.5% of net sales from 37.4% in last year's 1Q.
Sales slipped 1.7% to $649.9 million, with comps down 1.2%.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...