Shaw launches Facebook page to get "personal" with shoppers
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/17/2011 1:08:09 PM
Dalton, Ga. - Looking to communicate directly with its customers and shoppers, Shaw Floors has launched a Facebook page stocked with product information, design tips, how-to videos, sustainability initiatives and other features.
The page can be found at www.facebook.com/ShawFloors or by typing "Shaw Floors" in the Facebook search window.
Shaw Floors said the page is designed to "communicate with homeowners directly in a more personal way" as well as provide relevant product information, design tips and company news updates, along with photos and videos from various Shaw events and links to media coverage featuring Shaw products.
While the company said it will weigh heavily toward decorating-related content in Facebook posts, it will also use its new social media platform to educate consumers about its sustainability story and performance benefits.
"While our social media communications will center around flooring's impact on the overall décor of a home, we realize a floor must work with the other elements of a room to create a cohesive look," said Steve Abernathy, director of marketing technology. "Consequently, our Facebook posts will discuss everything from paint and cabinetry to furniture and home accessories."
Shaw hopes consumers visiting its Facebook page will share their own design tips and renovation stories. To spur this activity, the company will invite consumers to respond to specific questions and to posted photos of Shaw Floors products in their homes.
"The best part about Shaw having a Facebook page is that we get to converse directly with consumers," added Abernathy. "People are very opinionated, and we can't wait to find out what looks and projects most appeal to our Facebook fans. When designing new products, we scour the world for the latest trends, but you never know - we may find out about a hot new look from a consumer's Facebook post now. It's amazing what technology allows us to do today."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...