Surtex Panel Will Explore Design Evolution
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/12/2011 6:58:44 AM
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - A panel of industry experts will review the state of American design during the upcoming Surtex show at the Javits Center in New York.
"American Embraces Design...Finally" will take place May 17. A continental breakfast begins at 8 a.m., with the program running from 8:30-10:00 a.m.
Tickets are $125 per person. Register at www.surtex.com. For more information, contact Sikalis at 914-421-3297, penny_ firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.SURTEX.com.
• Richard Roman, president and ceo of Revman International, Inc., the marketing company he founded in l988 to partner with some of the industry's best-known brands, among them Marimekko, Laura Ashley, Tommy Hilfiger, Vera Wang and Candice Olson;
• David Bolotsky, founder and ceo of UncommonGoods. com, an online marketplace focused on creatively designed, high-quality merchandise at affordable prices;
• Lynn Shanahan, ceo of the C2 Group, a company that partners with and invests in both strategic and private equity firms, and provides operating management for its affiliates. She is currently acting president of Marimekko, North America;
• David Hedley, managing director of Artwork Design Ltd., a 25-year-old design studio located near the traditional textile center of Manchester, UK;
• Elizabeth Bournaud of Francois Bournaud, Paris, since l973, a leading design resource for textiles, stationery, and other products;
• Michelle Ishay-Cohen, executive art director at Abrams, including such design-focused imprints as Stewart, Tabori & Chang;
• Tom Mirabile, svp of Global Trend and Design for Lifetime Brands, Inc. The moderator will be Dan Rubinstein, editor-in-chief of Surface magazine.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...