Mohawk Home Launches Website, Rolls Out QR Apps
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/12/2011 6:05:51 AM
CALHOUN, GA. - Mohawk Home this recently went live with its new website as well as a bevy of new high-tech initiatives that include a new QR - or Quick Response - as well as heavy focus on social media.
At the heart of the effort is the newly revamped site - www.mohawkhome.com - which features on its launching page a message from divisional president Bill Kilbride as well as several informational tabs - Company, Products, Retailers, Customers and Greenworks.
While users cannot purchase company products - area and accent rugs, indoor and outdoor mats, and washable bath rugs - directly from the site, Mohawk Home marketing specialist Jennifer Palmer said they can select the retailer tab and from there link to any of nine stores - Anna's Linens, Bed Bath & Beyond, The Home Depot, Kohl's, Lowe's Menards, Sears, Target and Walmart - all of which carry Mohawk Homebranded products, and be sent "to [each retailer's] Mohawk Home launching page where our consumers can link to live product for purchase."
From the site, shoppers can also download two PDF files with answers to their most frequently asked questions related to "Care and Cleaning" and "What's the right size rug?"
Customers can also interact live with Mohawk via its many social media pages, including Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Friendster and others.
Another way to access this information or shop for Mohawk product is via its new QR apps, which are rolling out to all product labels for easy downloading from mobile devices.
"We're embracing social media and mobile marketing because of its importance today," explained Jeffrey Seagle, director of marketing and product merchandising.
He described the QR app as "a silent salesperson" that provides consumers with a broad range of product-related information, and "the beauty of it is that we can track it and learn how people use it and how we can better help them."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...