Overstock.com posts a loss
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/28/2011 10:33:36 AM
Salt Lake City - Overstock.com swung to a loss during the first quarter as gross margin declined in the face of more promotional events and high return costs.
Net loss for the quarter ended March 31 was $454,000, or 2 cents per share, compared to net income in last year's 1Q of $3.7 million, or 16 cents per share.
Revenues were flat - $265.5 million compared to $264.3 million in the year-ago period.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...