Bud Young establishes consulting biz
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/14/2011 11:56:54 AM
High Point, N.C. - Bud Young, a marketing executive in the home furnishings industry with more than 40 years of experience, recently announced the launch of CR Young Consulting, a consulting firm for home furnishings manufacturers.
Young's business will address all aspects of home furnishings manufacturing, including exports, financing, marketing and product development, according to a press release. Young recently stepped down from his longtime post as vp of marketing for rug maker Capel.
"My goal in creating CR Young Consulting is to bring a new approach to servicing the home furnishings industry," Young said. "I am excited for this opportunity to share what I've learned throughout my career and to offer clients the services of people I've enjoyed working with, who are each experts in their fields."
A number of leaders in the home furnishings industry will contribute to the services CR Young Consulting will offer.
Bruce Hric, former president and ceo of Capel Rugs and current managing director with Essex Capital Group, has developed a partnership with CR Young to advise clients with capital needs.
"I have enjoyed a great relationship with Bud over 11 years, and I look forward to working in partnership with him to help companies in the home furnishings industry finance their operations going forward," Hric said.
Norm Sweeters, president of Sweeters Consulting, will offer his services to clients interested in sourcing floor coverings and related textiles out of India and Nepal.
"I've known Bud for many years, and he has more marketing and exports savvy than anyone I know," Sweeters said. "I am excited to be networking with such a notable member of the home furnishings industry."
One of CR Young's early goals is to offer clients the opportunity to tap into fabric sourcing opportunities in India other than area rugs.
Sarah Stroh Thornton, a principal in Trade Data Reports, will be acting as a textile design coordinator for CR Young clients who source out of India. She will work with designers from CR Young clients on the operational realities of design implementation in India.
CR Young also plans to create a consortium of Southeastern home furnishings companies and to establish a permanent joint showroom for those companies at Source of Furniture and Accessories, the design center at the International Centre in Toronto. According to a press release, the goals of the project are for participating companies to work collectively with the aim of increasing foreign market share, exploiting potential in the Canadian market and gaining exposure to the design community.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...