Fabric among products Walmart will begin stocking again
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/11/2011 2:53:26 PM
Bentonville, Ark. - Walmart U.S. said it will broaden its assortment by some 8,500 skus, reintroducing some items it had cut during an earlier bout of editing - including fabrics.
In 2009, Walmart began eliminating fabric departments in many stores as part of its upscaling remodel to lure higher-income shoppers out of food and commodities into its general merchandise departments.
The fabric strategy proved a boom to competitors like Jo-Ann stores, which in December 2009 said Walmart's move was opening up greater market share for the specialty retailer.
Restored products - many of them regional food favorites - will carry "It's Back" flags.
Walmart also will step up its price match policy and is launching a national TV advertising campaign today to support it.
WELL I DONT GO TO WALMART ANY MORE THAN I HAVE TO SINCE YOU TOOK OUT 'BOLT FABRIC'.. I HAVE TO TRAVEL 30--90 MINUTES TO A STORE THAT HAS IT NOW.. AND I FIGURE THERE ARE OTHER LADIES THAT FEEL THE SAME WAY!!! SO IF MEN ARE MAKING THE STORE /STOCK DECISIONS..YOU ARE DOING A POOR JOB!!MARTHA WERTZ - 2013-05-24 18:31:45 EDT
This last summer I bought fabric at JoAnns to make my oldest granddaughter a dress for her birthday. My youngest granddaughter wanted one just like it for HER birthday and I was so happy to find the same exact Disney princess fabric at a Walmart in Bozeman, Montana (we were traveling across country). At Walmart the fabric and pattern were about one third the cost of what I had to pay at JoAnn Fabrics and the fabric department clerk was very helpful and knowlegible. I will shop for the next fabric I need at Walmart IF they have a fabric department at the stores in my area and while there I will also buy OTHER items I need. If I DON'T find a Walmart store with a fabric department it won't be worth my time to drive to a Walmart store and I'll just buy food and other necessities at a local store.Sandy Berrett - 2011-11-28 09:35:19 EST
Why can't the Zebulon store stock fabric. We are 25 mile from a fabric store. I have ask but no good answers. We have several quilting group in ZEBULON.ALICE Jones - 2011-10-24 08:46:23 EDT
I am so excited. I live on the Eastern Shore of VA and we have no Jo-Ann's nearby. All of the Walmart's eliminated their fabric depts. When will the departments be back in service? Please let us know. It's August and I know they are not in any of the 4 Walmart's within a reasonable distance of my island!Gail Ficken - 2011-08-02 10:29:29 EDT
I can;t buy and frabic now what it going to happed when you all stop selling it I can;t buy fake fur and where u all seem to think it doesnt matter to anyone if you cloes down the crafts department but it does. i buy all my craft and frabric their i think you all are selfish in diong this. I there was another place that had frabic and things like you have i would go there instead of Walmart.Tamara Patterson - 2011-07-30 16:36:38 EDT
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...