Loftex Targets Social Networkers
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/7/2011 5:02:37 AM
NEW YORK - Loftex USA is taking a cue from today's inter-connected millions with a new Social Network collection of beach towels for spring/summer 2012.
Two key characters - Texter Dude and Tweetie Sweetie - appear with their electronics in scenes set in classic beaches around the world. Beach towel constructions include print and woven, with designs targeting boys, girls, women and men.
The collection of 45 designs ranges from imagery that engages Boomers, Gen X and Gen Y, according to James Booth, Loftex's vp of brand development/marketing.
"In today's world, with 42% of in-store sales being influenced by online activity, the influence of the Web cannot be ignored," he said, noting that Gen X and Gen Y together now constitute a larger population group than the Boomers.
He added: "Today's 7-year-old has a smart phone - and taking mom and grandma down a different path [of communications]."
The younger-skewing designs employ popular imagery such as skulls, text boxes, sunglasses, peace signs, hearts and surf boards.
"This is a very different sort of beach than we've ever done," said Gretchen Dale, coo, Loftex.
Texter Dude and Tweetie Sweetie will be featured on a new Loftex USA website along with Facebook and Twitter pages to connect with consumers. The site is scheduled to launch in February 2012.
"Texter and Tweetie will do the blog," said Booth. "They'll blog about a virtual tour of all the great resorts. When they get home, they'll share their photos on Flikr. And they will do links for where people can buy their towels."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...