Harriet Schoenthal Passes
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/26/2011 5:53:51 AM
NEW YORK - Harriet Schoenthal, a longtime industry publicist and member of the International Furnishings and Design Association, died Feb. 22.
Details on her age and services were not readily available She was president of Harriet Schoenthal Inc., a New York advertising, marketing and public relations firm, representing such clients as the Hardwood Manufacturers Association, Baldwin Piano, Hickory Chair and Swaim Furniture, among other home furnishings companies.
One of IFDA's most consistently active members - for over 50 years - Schoenthal joined what was then the National
Home Fashions League in August , 1960 . She served on the New York Chapter Board of Directors and was a New York Chapter President. An IFDA Fellow (FIFDA), she was the 2007 recipient of the IFDA National Honorary Recognition award. She was also on the board of the Educational Foundation and was an honorary trustee.
As a way to recognize her, the Educational Foundation has renamed the Executive Leadership Grant the Schoenthal IFDA Leadership Forum. The Forum provides a high caliber interactive leadership program, which coincides with the IFDA Conference/Symposium and provides training for future leaders of IFDA and the design/ furnishings industry.
IFDA members said they hope to organize a memorial for her later in the year.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...