1888 Mills extends Coca Cola into beach towels
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/28/2011 2:42:44 PM
Griffin, Ga. - How many Coke bottles does it take to make a bath towel? The answer is six, when it's 1888 Mills' Coca Cola RPET branded product. The line of sheets and bath towels is made using recycled PET plastic (RPET).
The line gives post consumer PET bottles an "afterlife" by transforming them into products consumers use, according to the company. The towels, for instance, use 70% cotton and 30% of the recycled material. The 6-pack of wash cloths uses only 3 bottles.
The first products in the line are due to hit stores this spring at mass retailers and warehouse clubs. At the March market, 1888 Mills is introducing a line of beach towels under the iconic brand.
"We see [the beach towels] appealing to all retail channels," said Lexi Schladenhauffen, vp, marketing and design, 1888 Mills, who noted that Coca Cola nostalgia is trending strong now, as evidenced by a recent Dolce & Gabana designer runway show, which used it in a number of its men's wear looks.
According to Coca-Cola, it has made an investment of more than $60 million to build the world's largest bottle-to-bottle recycling pant and to support recycling in the U.S.
That is great to make products from recycled bottles, but the towels and sheets are marked made in Pakistan.When I saw that,I refused to buy them.Why can't they be made in the USA?Earlene Markovitch - 2011-09-19 22:53:32 EDT
Having such a large company advocating the importance of recycling is going to have a great and positive impact on large population of people.MyFavoriteBedding - 2011-03-01 08:15:23 EST
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...