Gracious Home Finds a White Knight
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/25/2011 3:41:27 AM
NEW YORK - Local home furnishings chain Gracious Home, which filed a pre-pack bankruptcy in August, has been acquired by Americas Retail Flagship Fund LLC.
Principals of the private investment group include: Joel Kier of the Kier Group, a construction and civil engineering firm; Frank Sciame and John Randolph of Sciame Development Inc., the real estate development arm of a New York construction company; and Isidore Mayrock, the former principal partner of Fortunoff and head of his family's investment and real estate office.
"We look forward to working with the Gracious Home team and using our resources, and financial, real estate and retailing acumen to further develop the company, and serve our customers by building on the heritage and culture of wonderful service and exceptional quality the original founders have brought to discerning New Yorkers since 1963," said Kier.
Gracious Home operates three retail stores in Manhattan as well as a home improvement design store and showroom in Chelsea, which it previously operated as a retail store.
"All of us at Gracious Home are highly motivated about our future and look forward to partnering with such experienced investors who understand and respect the Gracious Home values and customer-focused culture," said Jordan Smilowitz, president and coo.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...