January Comes to a Mushy End
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/8/2011 5:55:22 AM
NEW YORK - Retailers were blaming Old Man Winter for a soft 1.8% uptick in comps during the final week of January, according to the Johnson Redbook.
Comps were stronger in the department store sector, up 2.2%, than in discount, up 1.5%, during the week ended Jan. 29.
For the month, comps rose 2.3%, just missing Redbooks 2.6% target.
Redbook analyst Catlin Levis noted February contains three major events: the Super Bowl, Valentine's Day and President's Day.
"Our preliminary target is for year-over-year same store growth of a 1.8% gain," she said.
Johnson Redbook Index
*Including chain stores and traditional department stores
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...