Walmart U.S. Fills Chief Merch Officer Slot
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/8/2011 5:30:04 AM
BENTONVILLE, ARK. - Walmart U.S. has promoted Duncan Mac Naughton to chief merchandising officer for U.S. stores, effective immediately.
Mac Naughton originally joined the company in 2009 as chief merchandising officer for Walmart Canada. Then, in October 2010 he was named executive vp of merchandising for Walmart U.S., responsible for consumables, health and wellness, and Walmart.com.
Prior to Walmart, Mac Naughton held leadership roles at Kraft Foods Inc., H.E. Butt Grocery Company and Albertson's Inc. He also served as executive vp of merchandising and marketing at Supervalu Inc.
In his new role, he is charged with overseeing all merchandise categories across more than 3,700 stores in the U.S. business. He continues to report to Bill Simon, Walmart U.S. president and ceo.
"Duncan has distinguished himself with a proven record of success in every organization that he has worked in, including Walmart in the United States and Canada," said Simon. "He is a strong steward of our culture and he understands that merchandising is at the very core of our business."
Added Mac Naughton: "We remain focused on ensuring that our assortment exceeds our customers' expectations, both in stores and online. While much has been accomplished, we are working closely with our suppliers to deliver the products and the brands our customers are looking for at Walmart's everyday low prices."
He said the company plans to "make the shopping experience more fun for our customers through increasing promotional intensity by effectively utilizing action alley."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...