Macy's Launches New Workshop
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/24/2011 12:47:39 AM
Looking to "nurture and grow" the next generation of minority and women-owned retail talent, Macy's Inc. has created and is launching its new one-of-a-kind program covering the business of fashion - The Workshop at Macy's.
The department store said this new Workshop is the latest evolution of Macy's long-standing commitment to vendor diversity and to providing customers with unique goods and services that meet their lifestyle.
The specially-designed business development curriculum of The Workshop targets minority- and women-owned retail businesses that are poised to succeed on a larger scale but need additional tools on business practices to move to the next level and sustain growth.
The Workshop is a four-and-a-half-day intensive training course scheduled to begin May 9 at Macy's Herald Square offices here. It will be taught by Macy's seasoned executives and industry experts as well as key retail partners. The program will aim to invite at minimum 20 candidates to attend the course.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...