December Comps Exceeded Expectations
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/19/2011 1:55:36 AM
NEW YORK - The Christmas weekend blizzard may have knocked nationwide travel off course but it didn't derail shoppers, according to the Johnson Redbook.
Aggregate comps for December rose 3.6%, outpacing a projected 3.2% gain. During the final week of the month, comps were up a smart 4.7% at department stores and 2.8% at discounters.
Johnson Redbook Index
*Including chain stores and traditional department stores
"Clearance sales of seasonal inventory were certainly a factor in post Christmas buying. There were reports of significant upside performance at some department stores, which tend to be more promotional than discount stores this time of year," said Catlin Levis, Redbook analyst.
Redbook's preliminary target for January is a 2.8% gain over January 2010, which would mark a 0.5% decline from December.
This post is awesome..i've been reading tons of crap posts from other blogs, but shows you have a more educated reader base.http://www.onlinecheck.com/business_loans.html - 2011-03-02 05:28:58 EST
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...