Target promotes two execs to its executive committee
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/12/2011 11:41:23 AM
Minneapolis -- Target Corporation has promoted two of its top executives to the company's executive committee.
Tina Schiel, formerly svp of enterprise strategy and new business development, has been elevated to evp of stores and will join Target's executive committee. And Laysha Ward has also been promoted to the executive committee and will continue in her current role as president of Target's community relations and Target Foundation.
"Tina and Laysha are proven leaders who have played a significant role in Target's success over the years," said Gregg Steinhafel, chairman, president and ceo. "Both women have a keen understanding of Target's business and will bring valuable experience and unique insight to their new positions."
Schiel has been with Target for more than 23 years, joining the organization as a stores team member in 1987. She has held a variety of leadership posts across the company and most recently managed the corporation's new business development and strategy efforts, which included Target's recent announcement of its urban growth strategy and long-term plans for international expansion. In her new role, Schiel will manage the operations of Target's stores across the United States.
Ward, a 19-year veteran of Target, has held a number of leadership positions across Target's community relations organization and was named president of community relations and Target's Foundation in 2008. In this position, Ward oversees Target's ongoing commitment to give 5% of its income to the communities where Target guests live and work. In addition to managing the company's domestic and international grant making, Ward also coordinates the company's civic activities, including the creation of volunteer opportunities for Target's more than 350,000 team members. Ward serves on the board of Denny's Corporation and the Corporation for National and Community Service. Additionally, she serves on the board of the Executive Leadership Council, a national organization focused on building an inclusive business leadership pipeline and developing African-American corporate leaders.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...