Target to open 21 new stores in 12 states, expand fresh food assortment in 2011
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/11/2011 3:18:40 PM
Minneapolis -- Target Corp. said today that it plans to open 21 new stores in 12 states in 2011, and as part of the expansion is further integrating its fresh food assortment into the layout.
The new store count includes five stores in California, a third in Hawaii, and a SuperTarget in Minnesota. Target currently operated 1,752 units in 49 states.
"With the addition of an expanded fresh food assortment, our new stores will offer guests everything they need in one convenient location," said John Griffith, evp.
The first round of new stores is slated for a March 6 opening. These include:
The next round is scheduled for a July 24 opening. They are:
--San Luis Obispo, Calif.
Then on October 9, six more stores will open in:
--San Clemente, Calif.
--Blue Ash, Ohio
--Warwick Township, Pa.
Target said the general merchandise stores in the mix will include an expanded fresh food assortment for added convenience and value to shoppers. These sites will measure about 135,000 square feet each and will employ 100 to 250 team members.
The new 174,000-square-foot SuperTarget, opening in Woodbury, Minn., will feature a full-line and full-service supermarket, including a bakery and deli and certified organic produce and will also feature all the amenities of a general merchandise store. It is expected to employ 200 to 300 team members.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...