NRF's 100th Annual Convention set for next week
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/4/2011 9:31:03 AM
New York - The National Retail Federation is gearing up for its 100th Annual Convention and Expo here next week, expecting more than 18,000 retailers and suppliers to attend the four-day event.
An educational forum and trade show, the convention is also expecting participants from more than 60 countries and will feature 600 exhibiting companies on its Expo Hall Floor at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center from Jan. 9 to 12.
Open hours for the Expo are: 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Jan. 10 and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. January 11.
The NRF outlined some of the special presentations scheduled for this year's event.
--Jan. 10, 8:30 a.m.: A retail panel will discuss "Retail's Road to Recovery:
Status Report on the Global Economy." The speakers will be: Ian Cheshire, group chief executive for Kingfisher plc; Claudio Del Vecchio, president and ceo of Retail Brand Alliance Inc. (Brooks Brothers); Matthew Rubel, chairman, ceo and president of Collective Brands Inc. (Payless Shoe Source); and Mark Zandi, chief economist and co-founder of Moody's Economy.com.
--Jan. 10, 9:45 a.m.: To discuss the future of the consumer and what lies ahead for
Retailers will be: Cathy Green, president of Food Lion Family of Banners; Andrew Higginson, chief executive of Retailing Services and group strategy director at Tesco PLC; and Peter Sachse, cmo at Macy's Inc. and chairman and ceo of Macys.com.
--Jan. 10, 3:00 p.m.: At this breakout session, panelists will discuss what retailers, property owners and management companies are doing to position themselves for a better future. The moderator will be Mike Niemira, chief economist and director of research for the International Council of Shopping Centers.
--Jan. 11, 9:45 a.m.: Stephen Finney, svp, global retail operations at the Disney Store, will discuss how Disney brings a comprehensive brand experience to entertain and amaze all ages.
--Jan. 11, 12:15 p.m.: The Annual Retail Industry Luncheon, when NRF will present its top awards. Kip Tindell, chairman and ceo of The Container Store, will receive the Gold Medal award; Glen T. Senk, ceo of Urban Outfitters Inc., is being given the Retail Innovator of the Year award; and Sir Philip Green of Arcadia Group LTD will accept the International Retailer of the Year award.
--Jan. 12, 11:00 a.m.: Macy's Inc. president, chairman and ceo Terry J. Lundgren will moderate a panel featuring: Bernie Brennan, former director of NRF and current managing director of the Brennan Group; Ben Fischman, ceo of Rue La La; Mindy Grossman, ceo of HSN Inc.; Kevin Ryan, founder and ceo of Gilt Groupe; and Gordon Segal, co-founder and retired ceo of Crate & Barrel. Panelists will discuss history's game-changing events in retail as well as anticipate the next big thing.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...