Dillard's opens new internet fulfillment center in Maumelle, Ark.
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/22/2010 1:52:42 PM
Little Rock, Ark. - Department store chain Dillard's Inc. is setting up an Internet fulfillment center near headquarters, in Maumelle, Ark., to support the continuing growth of its online store at www.dillards.com.
The site was formerly a Target distribution center, and Dillard's has signed an agreement to purchase it.
Dillard's president Alex Dillard said the new high-tech facility "will be optimally equipped with advanced distribution and fulfillment capabilities to support the growth of our Internet store.There are many positive changes currently underway at Dillard's, and the enhancement of the online shopping experience at dillards.com is a major focus of our efforts."
He added that the site will provide "the capacity, the technology and the people" - 300 employees to be staffed there -- to support the growth of Dillard's Internet business.
"We carefully considered several different locations in other cities and states for our new fulfillment center and there were many possible outcomes of this extensive review process," Dillard continued. "However, many people worked with us in making our home state of Arkansas, and specifically Maumelle, the obvious choice for this high-tech facility."
The Maumelle Internet Fulfillment Center will use the latest in fulfillment and distribution technology, including the highly advanced use of robotics combined with improvements in ergonomics, noise reduction and safety.
Environmentally-friendly features of the new facility include less power consumption due to reduced conveyor usage as well as advanced energy-efficient lighting systems.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...