It's official: Target Heading North
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/21/2010 3:19:43 AM
In the 1990s, Kmart tested international retailing in Mexico and then-Czechoslovakia and ended up retreating. Wal-Mart headed across the border and kept on going. Target, known for exercising prudence, did not follow.
That will change next year, when the chain will branch out into Canada - a move the company hinted at earlier this year and confirmed during its recent quarterly conference call.
"We expect to have new [smaller format] sites in 2012, and we also plan to open new sites outside the U.S., with stores in Puerto Rico and Canada," said ceo Gregg Steinhafel.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...