New Macy's DC to support online biz
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/13/2010 4:19:40 PM
Cincinnati - Macy's Inc. will build a new distribution center about 80 miles northwest of Washington, D.C., to services its growing online business.
The 1.3 million-sq.-ft. fulfillment center, located in Berkeley County, WV, is scheduled to begin shipping in summer 2012.
In the first 10 months of 2010, the company's online sales were up 29% - on top of 20% growth in 2009.
Centers in Portland, Tenn., and Goodyear, Ariz., currently handle most of Macy's online orders. Bloomingdale's online orders are primarily shipping from a DC in Cheshire, Conn.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...