Gordman’s Appoints Kasen and Shea to Board
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/10/2010 7:19:31 AM
OMAHA - Apparel and home décor retailer Gordmans Stores Inc. has appointed Stewart Kasen and James Shea to the company's board of directors, effective November 3.
Kasen is also joining Gordman's audit committee. He was formerly president and ceo of menswear retail chain S&K Famous Brands Inc. from 2002 through his retirement in 2007. Prior to that, Kasen served as ceo of several retail organizations, including: department stores Thalhimers and Emporium- Capwell; Best Products Co. Inc., a catalog showroom; Factory Card Outlet, a chain of greeting cards and party goods; and Schwarzschilds, a fine Jewelry chain.
Kasen currently serves on two public company boards -- Markel Corp., a property and casualty insurance company; and Retail Holdings NV, a retailer of consumer durables in Southeast Asia. In the past, he has also served on a number of public boards including Lenox Group Inc., Elder-Beerman, O'Sullivan Industries and K2.
Shea recently retired from AutoZone, where he was evp of merchandising, marketing and supply chain. Prior to that, he co-founded Portero, an Internet retailer of luxury goods. Between 1999 and 2003, he was ceo and a director of Party City. Shea has also held management positions with various retail and consumer companies, including: Lechters Housewares, May Department Stores, Target Corporation, Eddie Bauer and General Mills.
"Stewart's distinguished retail career has been highlighted by his appointment as chief executive officer of several companies, both public and private," Jeff Gordman, president and ceo. "Similarly, [Shea] has held key senior management positions with a number of companies in the industry. We are confident that their leadership capabilities and broad range of experience will be invaluable as we continue to expand our national footprint."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...