Texworld USA announces seminar line-up
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/8/2010 10:53:30 AM
New York - Next month's Texworld USA fabric fair here at the Javits Center will offer a slate of informational sessions covering sustainability, fashion trends and more.
The show runs Jan. 18-20. Seminars, which were organized by fiber manufacturer Lenzing, include:
- "An Eco Index for Everyone," a panel discussion featuring Karla Magruder, president, Fabrikology; Jamie Bainbridge, director of fabric and product development, Nau, Inc.; Steve Lamar, executive vp, American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA); and Celeste Lilore, co-founder Restore Clothing.
- "Spring Summer 2012: Mega + Materials," with Sophie‐Lucie Dewulf, materials editor, Stylesight of Milan, and Andrea Praet, trend director, Stylesight USA.
- "Crossing the Bridge to Spring/Summer 2012," by Laurie Pressman, director of marketing and sales development, Pantone.
- "Fashion: Fact or Francy," featuring David Wolfe, creative director, The Doneger Group.
- "Color Trends: The West Coast Perspective on Color and Lifestyle Trends," with Fran Sude, president, and Arnold Sude, coo, both of Design Options.
- "Fiber Innovations," a panel discussion with Karla Magruder, president, Fabrikology; Andreas Dorner, global marketing director, Lenzing; Kenneth Barker, ceo, Naturally Advanced; Steven Usdan, founder, MDC Group.
- "Spring/Summer 2012 Youth Culture," by Andrea Praet, trend director, Stylesight USA.
- "Sourcing North America: Discover New Resources," by Susan Power, publisher, AboutSources.
- "Get Started," advice for new designers about how to set up and run a business, featuring Mercedes Gonzalez, director, Global Purchasing Companies.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...