Walmart U.S. Realigns Merchant Executive Structure
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/20/2010 1:54:30 AM
BENTONVILLE, ARK. - Electing to continue without a chief merchandising officer (since the Aug. 1 departure of top merchandiser John Fleming), Walmart's biggest division has instead reorganized its top merchant ranks into a four-section structure reporting to Walmart U.S. president and ceo Bill Simon.
In a Sept. 3 memo to all associates, titled "We are Merchants," Simon said the division will go forward organized into "four core merchandising areas, each led by seasoned merchants." He said the new structure "aligns similar categories and allows us to be even more competitive in each customer channel, improving how we target and localize merchandise."
The merchants - each an executive vp - and their responsibility areas:
• John Westling, evp, general merchandise and replenishment;
• Jack Sinclair, evp, food;
• Andy Barron, evp, softlines;
• Duncan MacNaughton, evp, consumables, health and wellness, and Walmart.com.
Of the four, Sinclair is continuing in his current role. Westling shifts into a role similar to that of his most recent post of evp replenishment, pricing and planning.
Barron is newly promoted from his most recent stint as senior vp store merchandising execution.
MacNaughton arrives from Walmart Canada, where he was chief merchandising officer.
"For now, they will report to me, allowing me to stay close as they thoughtfully look at our merchandising opportunities," Simon stated.
Karen Stuckey remains svp of home, now reporting to Andy Barron.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...