Frette North America Goes into Wholesale
Jennifer Marks -- Home Textiles Today, 10/15/2010 5:04:36 AM
NEW YORK - Luxury textiles house Frette, which operates nine retail locations in the United States, is expanding into wholesale distribution with the recent opening of a Frette shop-in- shop at Bloomingdale's 59th Street store here.
The boutique features the Edmond Frette mix-and-match print bedding, a diffusion line launched last year to attract a younger customer with a more accessible price point. The Bloomingdale's shop also offers bedding from Frette's hotel collection, which previously had been distributed only to the hospitality sector. The former is available in open stock, while the latter is put up in sets.
"Bloomingdale's has 14 to 15 doors that could accommodate Frette," said Filippo Arnaboldi, vp for Frette North America. Frette shops are also planned for Bloomingdale's Medina store in Chicago, Aventura in Florida and Chestnut Hill, Mass. Frette has scheduled talks with other high-end retailers as well, he said.
"This gives us the possibility for markets where we currently don't have a [retail] presence," said Arnaboldi. "Our couture [Frette line] is really what we're selling in our retail stores, but not everybody shops Madison Avenue."
Frette already has shop-in-shops in Bloomingdale's Dubai as well as Harrod's in London, Lane Crawford in Hong Kong, and Printemps and Bon Marche in Paris.
E-commerce is another way to reach a broader range of consumers. With web sales this year running 42% ahead of last year, it's a major push for Frette and now its second largest "door" out of 65 stores worldwide, even though shipping is only available to U.S. residents. Frette will remedy that next year, when it revamps its platform to fulfill international orders.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...