Ross Stores Earnings Up
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/25/2010 2:10:46 AM
PLEASANTON, CALIF. - Despite a heavily promotional second quarter, Ross Stores' earnings got a 30% boost.
Net income for the quarter ended July 31 was $129.3 million, or $1.07 per share, compared to $103.4 million, or 82 cents per share in the second quarter of 2009. Sales rose 8% to $1.1 billion, with comps up 4%.
Gross margin grew by 110 basis points and selling, general and administrative expenses shrank by 30 basis ponts.
"Key drivers of our improved profit margins for both the second quarter and year-to-date periods were higher merchandise gross margin, a timing shift in distribution expenses related to pack-away levels, lower shortage costs and leverage on other operating expenses," said Michael Balmuth, vice chairman and ceo.
For the full fiscal year, the company is projecting earnings per share in the range of $4.18 to $4.27, which would represent growth of 18% to 21%.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...