Holland Retiring from JCPenney
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/25/2010 12:27:50 AM
PLANO, TEXAS - Veteran home textiles merchant Alan Holland will retire Sept. 24 from JCPenney, where he has most recently served a merchandise marketing director for window coverings.
Holland began his retailing career 42 years ago at the former Gimbels in New York starting as assistant buyer, moving up to associate buyer and then buyer in window coverings. He then served as buyer in various positions for Lit's and F&R Lazarus. He later served as divisional merchandise manager for the former Joske's, Rike's and as well as Dillard's and The Home Front until 1987.
He joined JCPenney 17 years ago where he first was senior buyer of pillows and blankets. He later became senior buyer for drapery hardware, hard window and ready-made draperies. He left Penney in 1999 to join Expo Design Center, a unit of Home Depot, as global project manager.
He returned to Penney in 2005 where he served as senior buyer in window and moved to his current post in 2007.
In his current post he reports to Susan Gregson, divisional vp, dmm window
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...