Indo Count branching out, takes permanent NY showroom
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/8/2010 11:08:08 AM
New York - Indian sheet manufacturer Indo Count Industries is adding window treatments to its assortment, stepping up its profile in fashion bedding and ramping up capacity.
The company, which has shown in temporary space at the New York Home Fashions Market for several seasons, has also taken a permanent, 4,000-sq-ft. showroom in 295 Fifth Avenue. The company is also conducting a search for a U.S. sales manager.
During market, Indo Count will also debut a new technology in sheeting called U-func pure silver yarn, made in Japan by Kyoto.
"We are weaving this thread only in the hem, but it is so strong the anti-microbial kill rate is 100%," said Mohit Jain, director.
The fiber technology is also anit-static and anti-odor, he added. Sheets will be offered in eight to 10 colors. At a 400-count construction made with Egyptian cotton, a set would retail around $49.99 to $54.99.
In India, Indo Count is launching a branded hotel line including sheets, top of bed and window. The plan is to eventually bring the line to the U.S. market. In addition, it will launch consumer brands in India that it hopes to expand into Asia.
To support the product expansion, the manufacturer is adding 30% more capacity over the nest two months. In Phase 2 of the project, Indo Count will double its weaving capacity to one million meters per month. By the end of 2015, the company will have three times its current capacity and 300 looms.
"We have been the third largest exporter of bed sheeting out of India for the last two years," said Jain. "We felt that now is the right time to go ahead."
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...