Changing of the Guard at Oeko-Tex
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/2/2010 6:07:27 AM
GREENSBORO, N.C. - Jean- Pierre Haug has become the new secretary general of ecofriendly certifi cation organization Oeko-Tex upon the retirement of Raimar Freitag.
Freitag spent 17 years with the Zurich-based association, which was founded in 1992 by the Austrian Textile Research Institute and the German Hohenstein Research Institutes. Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certifi -cation for textiles ensures products are free from more than 100 substances believed to be dangerous to humans.
"Mr. Freitag anticipated a global textile supply chain and ensured that Oeko-Tex was positioned to expertly service retailers, brands, and manufacturers no matter where in the world they conduct their apparel and textile businesses," said Sam Moore who represents Oeko- Tex in the United States.
Huag is the coo of Testex, one of 14 Oeko-Tex Association member institutes
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...