Welspun names Leonard president, ceo for US
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 8/24/2010 11:06:22 AM
New York - Barry Leonard has been appointed president and ceo of Welspun USA Inc., effective Sept. 6.
In this new position for the subsidiary of Welspun Global Brands Ltd., Leonard will be responsible for the US operations to assist the company "in fortifying relationships with the world's top retail giants."
Discussing Leonard's appointment, Dipall Goenka, executive director, Welspun, said, "In the last five years, our business in the US has grown significantly with most of the top retailers in the US. Having built a strong foundation in the US market, we are now keen to consolidate our position and deepen relationships with our partners. We believe Barry will bring a lot of value to the business, and will help drive the next level of growth for Welspun."
Leonard has been president and ceo of Excell Home Fashions and Glenoit for more than eight years as well as Croscill Home since its acquisition in November 2008. In his new role, he will be based in Charlotte, N.C.
He said, "This is the opportunity of a lifetime, not only to work with a company that has world-class manufacturing as a foundation, but also has the goal of being a world-class, consumer focused and market-driven organization. Welspun is committed to the home fashions business and will continue to realize growth both organically, as well as through acquisitions."
He added, "I'm really excited about it. The company has plans for significant growth in this industry. I will be based in Charlotte but will be in New York on a regular basis."
Looking back, he said, "The last 8 ½ years have been terrific for me. This was a family decision and an important one for me for the rest of my life. I couldn't pass it up." He added, "I thank Lynn Tilton (founder of Patriarch Partners, founder of Glenoit/Excell/Croscill) and all the employees, who have a great future and a strong strategic plan and great people to execute them."
Leonard was ceo of Spartan Universal from 1999 to 2001 and was with Springs Industries from 1979 to 1999, where his responsibilities included president of the bath fashions division and president of the bed and bath branded divisions.
As to the future leadership of Glenoit/Excell/Croscill, a spokesman for Patriarch Partners said the company has no statement at this time.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...