World Market Center to launch Gift + Home at Las Vegas August event
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/20/2010 3:47:20 PM
Las Vegas - The World Market Center Las Vegas is gearing up for the debut next month of its first-ever gift-focused event -- Gift + Home.
Scheduled to run concurrent and within the Las Vegas Market from August 2 through 6 and staged in a one million-plus square-foot space, the new Gift + Home event is poised to offer attendees access to more than 300 exhibitors that include gift and home decor manufacturers, such as newcomers to market Russ Berrie, Demdaco, Silvestri and Yankee Candle as well as longtime Las Vegas tenants like Global Views, Midwest-CBK, Andrea by Sadek and others.
"It has always been our foremost goal for World Market Center to diversify our base of categories and evolve into a ‘total home' market. With the extensive breadth of experience and talent within our new gift team, we are excited to be well on our way," said Robert Maricich, president and ceo. "This seasoned team was carefully assembled not just to develop new partnerships through their extensive relationships within this segment, but to successfully establish this division as a natural extension of the Las Vegas Market through their thought leadership and knowledgeable and varied perspectives."
The World Market Center's 10-person Gift + Home division includes:
- Georgia Davis, vp, charged with leading the division and responsible for the strategy, sales and growth of this show segment. Formerly the evp of the Dallas Market Center for 20 years, she has served as a new business development consultant at World Market Center Las Vegas and has been instrumental in the growth of the category for the last three years.
- Randy Eller, consultant, bringing his 35-year career experience in the gift arena to assist World Market Center with its growth trajectory as the new hub for suppliers and buyers. He operates Eller Enterprises, a consulting firm primarily serving the home accent, furniture and giftware industries.
- Ron Radin, consultant. He currently leads business development for the lighting division at World Market Center Las Vegas. Radin is also owner and publisher of Homestyle Publications.
- Gerry Seibel, director, business development. His duties include leasing permanent gift and decorative accessory showrooms. Seibel has been with World Market Center Las Vegas for three years as a director of design-focused events before his recent appointment to Gift + Home team.
- Boyd Tasker, director, business development. His duties include leasing permanent decorative accessory and lighting showrooms.
- Margaret Powers, director, business development. Her duties include leading the sales team for the Gift + Home temporaries.
- Sheri Makransky, business development. She has been with World Market Center Las Vegas for nearly four years. Her current duties include leasing permanent gift, rug and decorative accessory showrooms.
- Keith Davis, business development. His duties include sales for the Gift + Home temporaries.
- Lindsay Pearson, business development. Her duties include sales for the Gift + Home temporaries.
- Michelle Ovalle, brand manager, responsible for developing and executing marketing programs and events as well as leading a team of retail specialists focused on gift buyer acquisition.
We would love your feedback!
- May 10, 2011
- Apr 26, 2011
- Feb 26, 2013
- Feb 7, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...