P/K Lifestyles teams with supermodel Iman
HTT Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/16/2010 10:06:23 AM
New York - P/K Lifestyles, a division of P/Kaufmann, will launch the first home furnishings products under the brand Iman Home, decorative fabrics reflecting the iconic supermodel, author and fashion star's approach to the home.
Iman, who was presented with the Fashion Icon Award by the Council of Fashion Designers of America, also has programs in cosmetics, fragrance, apparel and accessories.
The collection of some 15 decorative fabrics designs, are grouped in two themes: Urban Eclectic and Modern Glamour - each offering a layering of various textures and techniques in diverse looks reflecting both a global and urban influence.
Each works alone but also can be paired to pick up design elements from the other. The collection will debut at retail at Calico Corners in September.
P/K Lifestyles saw the relationship with Iman "as most intriguing," said Dan Bonini, president. "The essence of the Iman brand appealed to us not only because her philosophy is so closely aligned with our mission but her traditional-meets-global aesthetic inspiration will allow us to add another dimension to our portfolio of brands."
He added, "We looked at her longevity and marketing ability. Her point of view is very timely and on trend. And she wants to be a fashion icon to a younger consumer as well as boomers."
For Pam Maffei-Toolan, vp, design for P/K Lifestyles, "Iman is not a flash in the pan celebrity. She is the epitome of elegance and chic, and she's been around and has staying power."
Maffei-Toolan also noted, "In more than 20 years of designing fabric, I've never had a ball designing as I did with her. She has a vision to make the brand for more home categories, is very passionate about it and understands marketing and reaching out to consumers."
Iman, president and ceo of Iman Home, in discussing her first home collection commented, "Home is where I seduce my husband [musician David Bowie], nurture my children, entertain my friends and nourish my soul. I truly believe that great rooms are great escapes and that Iman Home can offer a solution for those customers who love worldly things but are unable to seek them out themselves."
The Iman Home program "is a complement to our other brands but not redundant," Bonini remarked. Retails range from $25 to $50 per yard, with most in the $25 to $37 range. P/K Lifestyles brands include Waverly, Tommy Bahama, and Williamsburg.
We would love your feedback!
- May 3, 2013
- Apr 5, 2013
- Jan 15, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...