Famous Home acquires Jossal, expands product offering and customer base
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/8/2010 12:02:26 PM
Montreal - After focusing for the past 10 years on bath coordinate programs, Canadian home textiles supplier Famous Home Fashions is expanding into a bevy of other categories via the acquisition of Jossal Trading Ltd.
By acquiring fellow Montreal-based Jossal Trading, Famous adds several new product categories that include window panels, drapery hardware, tablecloths, table toppers, placemats, shower curtains, mattress covers and accent rugs to its line. Jossal also offers Famous Home new business with independent and specialty customers.
"We are very excited about the acquisition, and the opportunities the increased depth of independent customers creates for our business, in addition to the new categories that open up exciting opportunities to sell and grow our business with our retail partners," said Barry Samberg, president, Famous Home Fashions.
He explained that originally, 41-year-old Jossal focused its business on major Canadian retailers. But the company switched its focus over the past five to 10 years on independent and specialty stores.
Famous Home is retaining Jossal president Joseph Salem for the next two years during the transition. Salem's title for that time will be director of sales and product development for the Elegantia brand.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...