Home Source Debuts Diesel Home Collection
By Carole Sloan -- Home Textiles Today, 5/24/2010 12:00:00 AM
New York —
Home Source has begun showing the debut collection of bed and bath products created by Diesel, the noted denim jeans brand that interprets the jeans culture into home furnishings.
Successful Living by Diesel includes four beds, each with uniquely designed bedding and bath products as well as robes created for two of the design collection statements.
The program, created under license from Italy's Zucchi Group, is designed to attract consumers in the 25 to 30 year age group, said Keith Sorgeloos, Home Source ceo. “Our sense is to target the consumer in that age bracket – they're looking for a way to decorate from how their mothers helped them with their first apartments or homes.” Within the collection are designs that are combinations of maste bedrooms, or more masculine or feminine looks — but with an edge, he added.
Interestingly, Sorgeloos added, “Diesel has a following of an older consumer in the 45 to 50 year age group.”
From a marketing perspective, Home Source is looking at key retailers — especially those that attract to 25 to 30 year old demographic, as well as online marketing. Diesel apparel stores also are key retail outlets and the packaging of the products is conducive to the space limitations that would confront an apparel driven retailer. There are some 50 Diesel retail stores in the United States.
For either conventional retailers or Diesel stores “we have the ability to ship direct to consumer or to the stores,” Sorgeloos said.
The launch program includes four beds with accompanying bath products. The bedding is comprised of three-piece duvets sets and sheet sets – all of 200 count percale for sheets and bedding. The combined retail is approximately $250. Decorative pillows — as stand alones or part of a bedding look — are offered at varying price points.
In bath, three jacquards are offered in Go East with ethnic patterns, knotted and loose trim fringes that incorporate the Diesel logo. The hooded bathrobe features an embroidered Diesel logo at about $80.
The Zipper bedding is accompanied by bath products in cotton towels with a large logo and a new stonewashed style in dark gray. The Big Gym hooded, zip front bathrobe is made of sweatshirt cotton lined with micro terry and a Diesel logo at $100 retail.
KJR Home is the advisor to Zucchi on the Diesel bed and bath program.
We would love your feedback!
- May 3, 2013
- Apr 5, 2013
- Feb 26, 2013
- Feb 18, 2013
- Aug 24, 2011
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...